AMEILA ISLAND     ST AUGUSTINE     PONCE INLET     JUPITER INLET     HILLSBORO INLET     
FOWEY ROCKS
     CAPE FLORIDA     KEY WEST     SANIBEL ISLAND     BOCA GRANDE     ST. MARK'S     PENSACOLA
--- HOME ---

Ponce Inlet Light

This 175-foot tall light was first lit in 1887. The original name Mosquito Inlet and then Ponce de Leon Inlet, was finally change in 1963, by tourism minded area leaders, to Ponce Inlet. The lighthouse, keeper’s dwelling, oil storage building, and grounds of this much visited landmark have been meticulously restored by the Ponce de Leon Inlet Preservation Association.

Located 6 miles south of Daytona Beach at the mouth of the Halifax River, this lighthouse is rich is history and stories. Open to the public, there is a lovely gift shop, nearby restaurants, and a marvelous view to the south of New Smyrna Beach and beyond to the rocket gantries of Cape Canaveral.

 

 


z